Tim Kane – a real legend of computer RPG. He took part in work on games such as Fallout, Fallout 2, Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura or The Temple of Eleemental Evil. However, almost as interesting as the games he completed, are his projects that were abandoned. On its YouTube channel, the developer spoke about several of them.
Most of the material is devoted to the canceled Journey to the Center of Arcanum, to continue the first game that Tim Kane developed in the Troika studio he founded.
- The developers began to think about the sequel while working on the first part.
- The developers wanted the sequel to be made in 3D, unlike a two -dimensional original. To do this, they considered the possibility of using the Source engine.
- Most of the game Journey to the Center of Arcanum was supposed to be underground. As the name implies, one of the sources of inspiration for the developers was Roman Jules Verne "Travel to the center of the Earth".
- In the campaign, the player’s character will be hired by the wife of Franklin Payne, known for the first part. Her husband built a large car capable of drilling deep into the ground, and went on it on an expedition in search of the remains of ancient civilizations. However, the contract with him quickly ceased, and our task will be its search.
- During the expedition, we would face, in particular, with underground civilizations and dinosaurs. We will also find a special ore that will allow us to create objects where magic and technology will be combined without conflicts.
If you want to know more about the game, you can read the presentation document discovered almost 10 years ago.
Arcanum 2 completed her life at the stage of the concept, but the established cooperation with Valve later led, nevertheless, to the creation of Vampire: The Masquarade – Bloodlines, which was built on the Source engine.